Monday, October 24, 2016

Gift Box

As a teacher, I've always been looking for new ways to use resources, especially those things that would otherwise be thrown out. Now that I have got into mixed media, this attitude continues, and possibly grows, as I seem to be looking at everything with new eyes.
I had already been collecting a few little boxes, thinking about Christmas gifts. I'll possibly have to only buy things that will fit in the boxes I make!










This box doesn't fit any particular holiday theme but I really like the marbled effect that it has.
It stated as a cosmetic box which was covered in patterned tissue, which of course ended up a little crinkled, but I like that, and it helped the Gelatos I then applied go into the folds and create the effect. The tissue has some red flowers on it - to me pohutakawa, a bottle-brush type native of NZ. Although they are almost lost, and subtle, in the black background of the box, I used this colour as the feature of my small tag and string.













This is an entry in Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Treat Bag/Box



No comments:

Post a Comment