So I had to do a bit of improvising with the resources I needed as some of the things I may have used were elsewhere. Once again, this was a practice, thinking about craft activities for my class for Christmas.
I think it turned out quite well and should be achievable for 10 year olds, although they do find some of the fiddly bits a challenge.
I used Geli print scraps woven into a sheet of coloured paper, backed with scrap booking paper and then sealed on the front with matte medium, to make sure it was really secure. Even this looked great and I have enough to make several angels.
I made it slightly larger than the pattern, which turned out exactly right for the wings I had die cut from a design my son drew for me. For the face, I search for cherubs online, resized and coloured.