This is one of the self-drawn, self-cut designs I made while working on ideas for Paper Arty's Challenge - Die Cuts.
Initially I thought it was a bit of a failure and put it to one side. The ink I had used in the background had soaked into the paper, the tree looked a mess after I coloured it with a black Gelato and I couldn't really see it going anywhere.
Then I remember The Craft Barn challenge that needed to include a bat and thought that the dark mood could work for that. Now the challenge is called 'Pumpkin' but it does say "The only rule is there must be a bat."
I added some background stamping, darkened the borders with Stabilo ALL and ink, then mounted it in a small black journal. I finished it with borders of patterned paper and a paper scrap with texture paste stencilled onto it. As often happens, if we persevere, things work out in the end!