Sunday, October 16, 2016

Die Cuts - Heart

Well this challenge from Paper Artsy - Die Cuts has got me enthused about my Brother Scan n Cut once again. Although it sits in front of me on my craft table, it sometimes becomes so covered and surrounded by other projects, it cannot be used. But this weekend the mess was cleared away as I experimented with some designs for this challenge. It is always tricky for me working out the positive and negative space - what will be cut away and keeping what's left behind joined together and usable.

The ideas posted on the Paper Artsy blog have got me thinking as well, and although I did not use them here, I'm thinking the layered tree scene is something I will try and that snowman is a must with my class for Christmas - who cares that we don't have snow!

This first piece was inspired by DeeDee Catron's video. I had just received some of her Viva Las Vegas stamps and still wanted to use them, so changed it around a little and also used my self-drawn, self-cut embellishment. The orange stamping was made using a (very well washed!) tray that chicken came on from the supermarket - quite find I think!





No comments:

Post a Comment