Sunday, July 31, 2016

Reach for the Stars & Moon

Some more challenges before the end of the month. Moon and stars seem to go together so I think this works for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #26 and Eye Connect Crafts - National Moon Day Challenge. I do remember that first moon landing, so I'm sure that qualifies me for something!

The stars are subtle and the moon is bold in this one which is inspired by Deedee Catron's video lesson. My moon is texture paste, bubbled with the heat tool. I did find doing the trees quite scary - worried I would mess it up - but happy with the outcome.



7 comments:

  1. A stunning project, I love the trees. Thank you for joining in at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, hugs Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tree look very nice. They remind me of Birch, one of my favs! Cool piece! Thanks for entering. Winners will be selected early thing week by our DT team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally adoring that you made it portrait instead of landscape. LOVE the tall feeling it has :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment DeeDee. I did wonder for a while whether it should be landscape or portrait and was worried I had placed the moon int he wrong place, but in the end it all worked out and I was pleased. Raewyn

      Delete
  4. How fun! I was a little young to remember the moon landing!

    Thanks for entering
    Eye Connect Crafts challenge.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}

    ReplyDelete