Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Alpha Challenge - N for Nurture

Happy to find some more challenges to take part in. It helps me focus and have a purpose to my creating.

This one is for the Alpha Challenge at The Craft Barn - the letter for this challenge is N.

My immediate thoughts were for 'nurture' so found a stylised image of the Madonna and baby and went from there. The background of the page was created using the colours from a pack of Tropical Gelatos and the packaging they came in. I then used Derwent Inktense pencils and blocks for the main image.


7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful page, I love the image and quote.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. Are you the same Hazel who participates in the Paper Artsy challenges? I'm glad I've found some more challenges. Gives me another reason to create - apart from it just being fun!

      Delete
  2. What a warm color palette you chose for this beautiful entry. The colors seemed to express the concept of nurturing, too. Lovely entry and beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind comments and encouragement :)

      Delete
  3. A really beautiful sentiment which goes with your delicate image perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quote beautifully illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I keep looking and think the writing could be neater - never mind - it's all about learning.

      Delete