Sunday, July 31, 2016

Moon & Stars - Fly High

Some more challenges before the end of the month. Moon and stars seem to go together so I think this works for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #26 and Eye Connect Crafts - National Moon Day Challenge.

I has the cardboard circle sitting on my work surface from a roll of wire and knew it would turn into something, so the moon seemed to be the obvious thing. I created a stencil and stenciled on the geese but could decide which background to go with.

I think I will end up going with this background but tried the others below. The simple black gesso, with silver splatter and Posca pen stars, is probably the most effective. Maybe someone will let me know what they think.





I had a couple of existing backgrounds I thought I would try. My first was this one, but I think it's too busy.


So next I tried this one - which would need some more work if I used it.






7 comments:

  1. Your moon is stunning! I love the background you have chosen but I also like the middle one too. Thank you for joining in at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...It's not stuck down yet - maybe I'll have to make another moon and have 2 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the busy one... It's kind of "night"-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - might have to go for that - it was my original idea.

      Delete
  4. Love your moon. I like the first one. Dark, bright, dark really shows off the moon and geese details. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iona. Thinking I might print a copy and stick it on 2 different pages.

      Delete