Tuesday, January 24, 2017

PASC January

This is my journal page #PASC0117 and ATC #PASCACT0117 created in response to the Pick a Stick Challenge for January. 
The idea is to follow the prompts in order to create a mixed media piece of art.

Image may contain: text


1. My photos are roses, taken in my garden this week. The stems of the flowers are actually photos of tomato plants also growing in my garden at the moment. The leaves are sweetpeas, which were in bloom just before Christmas.
2. I used a black marker to make a simple border.
3. The map is on the outside of my extension flap.
4. My random words are written along the top edges of the leaves.
5. I used some sewing thread that ends up under the word 'bloom'.
6. A number stamp adds interest to the background.
7. I added a folding flap to the right side of the page.
8. Little wooden hearts and stars are stuck on with craft-card hearts and flowers.
9. Instant coffee was used to stamp circles.
10. A piece of lace is also under the word 'bloom'.
I didn't add much extra apart from a little more background stamping and the word.





Image may contain: text

The ATC challenge takes 3 of the original prompts to me used int eh small piece of are which is approximately 6 cm x 9 cm (2.5 x 3.5 inches).





1. The extension is acetate sprayed with homemade alcohol glimmery sprays which were then stamped and edged with black marker, then attached with washi tape.
2. The lace is a doily on the card. This was coloured with Gelatos and highlighted with a gold gel pen.The background also has a napkin with quite a lacy pattern. 
3. I made am embellishment using circles of a map, coloured with Gelatos and highlighted with Inktense pencils, attached with a staple and paperclip.




No comments:

Post a Comment